On Sat, 22 Aug 2009, Marc Balmer wrote:

I was looking for the same info a time ago .. something that would allow me to gather all the info from the same place, but the only thing I came up with was the very same discussion about the sensors framework port and nothing else.

Any info on any such proyect will be greatly apreciated

The OpenBSD sensors framework lacks some desireable features, e.g. event capabilities like getting an event if a certain threshold is exceeded. And it propbably was used for things that it better had not (yes, I am culprit for on of these (ab)uses...).

I am sure these features could be added if only the code was in the tree to hack on...

One of the things I'd particularly like to see is an alignment between kernel/user level monitoring frameworks and the SNMP model (especially relating to traps). The SNMP information model (MIBs, agents, traps, etc) has its limitations, but having a compatible model at all layers of the system will make it easier to store, manipulate, manage, and report this information consistently throughout the OS and larger distributed systems.

Robert