Jeremy Chadwick napsal(a):
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 01:16:33PM +0100, Jan Sebosik wrote:
But what about those atapicd problems? Is it related to SATA interface
of DVD/CD drive? Maybe also the LG drive has buggy FW :).
Now I'm confused.  Didn't we just determine that your acd0 problems
disappear if you disable HPET in the BIOS (which makes no sense, but it
works, and is probably a BIOS bug)?  If so, then what's that got to do
with SATA interfaces or LG optical drives?  Please help me understand.
No, atapicd problems are still there regardless of HPET setting. But with HPET enabled, when I kldload atapicd and then try to mount it with command "mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt/cd0", I get neverending "READ_BIG FAILURE" timeouts.

What is the atapicd error?  I've read through the original mail twice,
and I don't see any mention of atapicd errors.  Can you provide those?

Yes, for sure (I`ve mentioned them in my first mail)..

>> acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG timed out
>> unknown: FAILURE - READ_BIG timed out
>> cddone: got error 0x5 back

also I`ve noticed this message when atapicd got kldload-ed:

g_vfs_done(): acd0[READ(offset=32768, length=2048)] error 5

--
Jan Sebosik, Slovakia
[EMAIL PROTECTED]