David Xu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>but as I know, it seems TCP_NOPUSH is mainly used for TTCP, right?

That's what it was designed for.

>the idea behind TCP_CORK is it buffers any small data segment user
>program sending until these segments full fills a max TCP packet,
>then the packet is sent,

TCP_NOPUSH is the same

>web servers always send many very small HTTP headers, cause lots of
>small packets sent out, TCP_CORK can increase network performance.

No, web servers are very careful to reduce the number of packets
required for a response. TCP_CORK exists to avoid two bad packet
boundaries per request: one between the header and the body, and one
between the body and the next response. FreeBSD's sendfile allows you
to easily optimise the beginning of the response; optimising the
transition from one response to the next is harder.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"If I didn't see it with my own eyes I would never have believed it!"