Alfred Perlstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>I was going to say the same thing, but what about the header
>before a cgi response?  Doesn't the webserver need to spit out
>a couple of short lines before exec'ing the CGI?

No. The first line of the HTTP response ("HTTP/1.1 200 OK" or
whatever) depends on the headers that the CGI returns to the
server (e.g. "Status: 500 Database screwed again").

>Wouldn't the socket low water mark address this though as long
>as it was > size of the http header?

Ideally you want it to be the same as the path MTU. I don't know a
good way of finding that out in uerland though.

There remains the issue of the last partial packet in a response,
though: you want that to go out immediately after the rest of the
data.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"You realize there's a government directive stating