Julian Elischer wrote:
Andre Oppermann wrote:

People with the ultimate need for speed have to maintain their own
trees anyway (Bluecoat, Juniper, Sandvine, Isilon,...) and can afford
to cut some more corners anyway.

We are trying to get away from that. We are trying to get more BACK
from those companies.

I know I keep rattling my sabre about co-operative development in "that" IRC channel.

The IP stack stuff everyone is looking at right now is just one example of the kind of development which organisations are normally not prepared to sponsor other than in the context of their own projects -- which is fair enough, they are, after all, acting in their own interests, even though we all stand to gain more from mutualism.

The weevil is eating away at the apple from the inside, the question is, who's going to tell it like it is -- and who's actually going to do something about it?

Hint: The grass is not necessarily greener on the Linux side of the fence.

cheers
BMS