On 4/22/10 8:35 AM, Carrick, David wrote:
Hi Guys,

 I have posted this question in a few different forums but I have not
had much luck with a response and I'm hoping someone can help me
out. I recently upgraded to a triple-5meg DSL service setup with
MLPPP here in Ontario Canada through a provider called Teksavvy. I
chose FreeBSD as my o/s of choice and I'm using MPD5.5 to bond the
connections. I believe they are using Juniper equipment on their
end, not sure if
> matters.

I have been using Linux for 15 years, and am an AIX Infrastructure
Analyst by trade, but I am not very familiar with more advanced
networking terms and technologies, and I am pretty new to FreeBSD.

I was wondering if someone could help me with the optimal values
for my mpd.conf file - Max Transmit units, Max recieve unit, all
that stuff. Here is what I've got going so far... Please note I am
not on the freebsd-net mailing list so if you could CC me on the

Not my area of best knowledge but a couple of points..
Use 'load' to abstract away common items from the links
Try not to reference things until after they are defined..

is this working? and if not, what happens?
(keep list on Cc please)

# How I would have structured it:
# just off the top of my head.. untested and probably with errors.

default:
        load DSL

common:
        set link max-redial 0