On 3/30/2011 7:19 AM, Arnaud Lacombe wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 1:11 AM, Doug Barton<do...@freebsd.org>  wrote:

The only things I've been able to get from Jack is "We, at Intel, test
em(4) at 256k nmbclusters. We do not have problem. If you have
problem, raise nmbcluster.". 256k nmbcluster in my environment is not
acceptable.

Meanwhile, there are times where memory IS a constraint, and there are some
things you can't do without more of it.

yes, but the driver should not need a manual reset between the time
resource are (heavily) scarce and the time it became available again.

If you're facing that situation then obviously your system is constrained by hardware. It sounds like you have 3 choices:

1. Add more RAM
2. Use a different NIC
3. Set MTU lower

I'm sorry to say that just because the software is free doesn't mean that we can guarantee that it will work on all hardware. Sometimes the physical limits of the hardware are what need to be changed.

Good luck,

Doug

                        -- OK Go