Dnia środa, 15 lutego 2012 16:16:10 Arno J. Klaassen pisze:
> Hello,
>
> Maciej Milewski <m...@dat.pl> writes:
> >    Dnia wtorek, 14 lutego 2012 21:49:01 Adrian Chadd pisze:
> >    > Wep? With a username/password? I've not seen this.
> >    > Does anyone have any ideas?
> >    > Adrian
> >
> >    Probably WEP one for all users and username/password as an auth form
> >    for captive portal(Network Access Control).
>
> Looks close : this is on a site with very restricted (physical) access :
> each day I pass I get a WEP-key and username/password only valid
> during the day; the WEP-key (till now) still is the same
>
> As said, I can get the wlan0 interface up, but no idea how to assign
> it an IP-addres ....
>
> >    I haven't used that so I
> >    can't say anything more.
>
> Pity ;-)  Thanx anyway.
>
> Regards,
>
> Arno

Arno,
one more thing came to my mind:
you don't need to use wpa_supplicant to get WEP support. AFAIK WEP128 is
different name for 104-bits key and that might be supported without need of
wpa_supplicant. man ifconfig might shed some light.
Although wpa_supplicant message states that it connected successfully to the
network. Can you try to set the address by hand(taking some earlier info from
windows machine)?

Additionally you may try to use dhcpcd instead of dhclient(I suspect it's in
ports). I remember some strange networks where dhclient had problems but
dhcpcd worked fine.

Maciej