On 04/17/2018 01:03 AM, Rick Macklem wrote:
> Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:
> [stuff smipped]
>> I just checked the code to see if I can figure out where exactly I have
>> to put the printf(). And then I saw that there are ifdefs for
>> NFS_ACDEBUG which seems to be a kernel option. When I add NFS_ACDEBUG in
>> the config-file for the kernel, the build fails with an
> I don't have sources handy right now, but you can probably just put a line
> like:
> #define NFS_ACDEBUG 1
> at the top of the file /usr/src/sys/fs/nfsclient/nfs_clsubs.c

ok
> After building/booting the kernel "sysctl -a" should have a
> vfs.nfs.acdebug
> in the list. Set it to "1" to get the basic timeout info.
>
>> /usr/src/sys/amd64/conf/ACDEBUG: unknown option "NFS_ACDEBUG"
>>
>> I looked in sysctl.h and there it isn't defined. Do I do something wrong
>> or did this sysctl-tunable got lost at some point in time?
>> Can I just use this code by removing the ifdef for getting information?
>>
>> Sorry, my C is not really existent, thus I have to ask :/

<snip code>
>> I would remove the ifdefs and the "if (nfs_acdebug …)"
> This would work, too, rick

That worked, I had the kernel running yesterday.

I solved now finally my problem after two weeks and it wasn't the NFS. I
just got derailed from the real solution again and again from some
people, thus I didn't look in the right place. The cache misses are gone
now, the application performs now faster than on the other servers.

Thanks so so much for your help.

Niels