07.11.2019 14:32, John-Mark Gurney wrote:

> Don't we have the option of doing soft re-classification?  Where we
> recalculate the hash, and then do a netisr defer?  I mean that'd burn
> a bunch of extra cpu cycles, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

If the host got a packet already, it can just process it without extra
re-classification.

The only case I know when such re-classification can be useful is assigning
M_FLOWID to the mbuf
so that lagg(4) using LACP could send it further using such M_FLOWID and maybe
distribute distinct IPsec flows over distinct ports of LAGG group.

I doubt this has much practical use :-) Generally we terminate IPsec locally
or route packets to other hosts without need to differ them from other transit
traffic.