Hi!

> At Stormshield we have various patches related to that topic that we can
> share.
>
> On the flow id part, we have a patch that recompute a new flowid for the
> IPsec flow after encapsulation based on the spi.
> This force the usage of the same transmit queue on the network card side for
> each tunnel/SPI.
>
> If you are interested i can make a review for this one to upstream it, it is
> a small and simple modification.

Yes, please. If you have the review, please add me to it.

> On one of our high end hardware (Intel(R) Xeon(R) E-2176G with 6 cores / ixl
> network cards), the previous code was running around 2.4Gbps using AES-GCM
> with a mix of packet size whose average size was around 650 bytes.
> After various heavy optimization in opencrypto/crypto.c and on IPsec stack we
> managed to increase the performance on the same test to around 5Gbps. Take
> care this is mainly targeted to the subset of opencrypto feature we are using
> in our products (mainly IPsec with or without hardware cryptography)
>
> I can take some time to review and submit this big patch if there is some
> interest in it.

I would appreciate this -- would it help if my company pays some
money for this to make it happen ?

> It will require some work on our side cause at the moment this patch is for
> FreeBSD 10.3 and has some depencies to our custom polling code which is not
> in FreeBSD. We made the modification to work using kproc in the non polling
> code but we have still to test those on an unmodified FreeBSD.

Again, depending on the amount of work: it would definitly be interesting.

> I can also share the various benchmark we did to illustrate the impact of
> some of the optimisation we did.

That would be very interesting. The final point would be: How
interoperable is the resulting IPsec connect with non-FreeBSD
counterparts 8-} ?

--
p...@freebsd.org         +49 171 3101372                  One year to go !