No problem I was initially very impressed with this card, great throughput
( after tweaking ), easy install and cheap; but then this problem hit.

It gets a DMA timeout on one of the disks which it then drops from the
RAID5 unfortunately it then gets the same error on another disk and does
the same at which point I obviously get a kernel panic.

At first I thought it was a one off but now I have 100% reproducible
scenario using rsync which will cause the driver to ditch the array. Tried all
the usuals disk's replaced, cables replaced even controller replaced, as
we had 2, but no joy :(

   Steve
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tulio Guimarães da Silva" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 Wow! Nice to know, then. The only machine that uses a reasonable (not
even high) amount of small writes is under RAID 1+0 (or 0+1, don´t
remember). The other are mainly backup and department storage.
I´m now warned. :P Thanks and sorry,

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone (023) 8024 3137
or return the E.mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]