On Oct 12, 2006, at 1:53 PM, Kris Kennaway wrote:
On Thu, Oct 12, 2006 at 11:25:48AM +0200, Oliver Fromme wrote:
Jerry Bell wrote:
I have a Dell PE2950 with 2 dual core 3.73Ghz processors and 4G of ram.
[...]
changed the clock to TSC

As far as I know, it is unsafe to use TSC on SMP systems.

Or did that change recently?

It's only on certain systems, apparently.

Is there a list of systems where it is safe to use the TSC with SMP? Or some script we can run?

Note that you have to enable a second sysctl to allow it to actually
use TSC on SMP, not just change the preferred timecounter.

--
Eric Hodel - [EMAIL PROTECTED] - http://blog.segment7.net

http://trackmap.robotcoop.com