On Sun, Nov 12, 2006 at 07:32:09PM -0600, Mike Horwath wrote:
> cactid does GREAT on a small number of polls, but seems to *skip* or
> *drop* readings on higher than ~1500 polls in my experience.

cactid is just rtgpoll (from rtg.sourceforge.net) with a few
customizations.  unfortunately, the copy is from an old codebase and
there are problems in the threading & snmp code from those days. even
more unfortunately, rtgpoll development seems to be hopelessly stalled
due in part to project mismanagement.

> The normal PHP poller handles the 1800+ polls without issue, just
> takes 2-3x longer (and still reasonable).

it's also much easier to debug problems with either the poller itself
or the devices being polled.

i'd use the php poller with cacti.

--
- bill fumerola / [EMAIL PROTECTED]