On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 11:52:47AM -0200, Marcelo Gardini do Amaral wrote:

> The results were discussed in the following threads:

I see the speed differences are major, but don't have a good idea
of what 15,000 DNS queries per second means.  Is the following
interpretation correct?

15,000 DNS queries per second is:

    - 1,000 hosted domains, each getting 15 hits/second

or

    - 1,000 mail domains, each getting 15 deliveries/s

or

    - local cache for mailserver with 15,000 incoming
      messages/s

or

    - some linear combination of the above.

I guess something like SPF would adds an extra DNS query for each
incoming message.

I'm going to be building a DNS server soon and I'm trying to
judge if it really matters that 6.1 is so slow.  But it's very
hard to pass up the fourfold increase you see with NSD on 4.11
over 6.1.

Thanks,