Philipp Wuensche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

we are running a FreeBSD 7-BETA4 with SCHED_4BSD on a Intel Core2Dual
E6600 2.4GHz system for our bittorrent Opentracker.

The system handles about 20Kpps (18Mbit/s) incoming and 15kpps (22
Mbit/s) outgoing traffic serving 4000 connections/sec using TCP. The
connections are very short-living, all answered within one packet.

You can find the system stats at
http://outpost.h3q.com/stalker/munin/opentracker/opentracker.html

We are now running into some limits at peak time, system is up to 100%
and em0 takes about 80% on one CPU while the Opentracker software only
takes 10-15% CPU. The system is still responsible and answers all the
requests, but we are worried what will happen if the tracker grows at
the current rate.

Currently we are out of ideas for tuning, so we kindly ask for ideas on
tuning the system to bring down the CPU usage from the em and the system
CPU usage. We tried tuning the em int_delay and abs_int_delay but
without success.
Is there some data for the context switch time? It may tell something.

-Jin