Philipp Wuensche wrote:
Adrian Chadd wrote:
On 05/12/2007, Philipp Wuensche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As I understand it, and correct me if I'm wrong, polling helps against
high interrupt rates but for that intel gigabit cards have interrupt
moderation. We don't have a problem with interrupts (20% CPU) at the
moment but with system (100% CPU) as you can see in the system
monitoring graphs. Interrupts sometimes peak at, but usually are under,
the 2k interrupts/sec limit.
Begin by reading up on the hardware profiling support (hwpmc, pmc,
etc) and see if you can get some system and process-specific profiling
information.

Oh interesting stuff, I definitely have to take a look into that. Nice.

Did you make progress on this? I'd like to see a profiling trace from hwpmc, and also from LOCK_PROFILING.

Kris