On 21 déc. 07, at 10:03, Gergely CZUCZY wrote:

I've just discovered that Intel provides some drivers for the Intel PRO/1000 Family on FreeBSD: I was wondering: is there any point in running those drivers instead of the freebsd ones, performance wise of course.

AFAIK these are the drivers that can be found in the base system as well.
Intel's drivers are pretty fine, there's no need to write new ones.

I've made a quick comparison between /usr/src/sys/dev/mii/e1000phy.c (freebsd 6.2) and e1000_phy.c (as part of the em-6.6.6.tgz provided by Intel), and the too files are quite different.
But well, I'm not a developer, and that's probably not significant.

regards,