On 21 déc. 2007, at 23:00, Jack Vogel wrote:

Jack Vogel (cc'd) is the Intel developer that maintains the FreeBSD
drivers. He should be able to shed more light on this question.

thanks Tom

I don't know what uses the mii code but my drivers dont :)

ok, it's probably not related. I've found it with a `locate e1000`
I've just tried a `locate /em` with much more success.

As for the Intel published version, its my same code but there tends
to be some varations due to the time involved in the machinery
within Intel to release something.

A couple years ago there was a pretty big gap between the
FreeBSD CVS code and the Intel, but since I took this job
I have been working hard to bring the two as close together
as possible.

For instance, right now the latest driver for 6.3 or 7.0 is
newer than that 6.6.6 driver.

I'm very pleased to read that!

BTW, I'm on vacation (home reading, relaxing, and playing
a lot of bass) so other than email don't expect anything from
me til 1/7 :)

thanks a lot, and enjoy your vacation.