Ivan Voras wrote:
On 23 November 2010 10:35, David Xu <davi...@freebsd.org> wrote:
Ivan Voras wrote:

and the overall behaviour is similar - the processes spend a lot of time
in "sbwait" and "ksem" states.

Strange, the POSIX semaphore in head branch does not use ksem, it is
based on umtx, there is no limit on POSIX semaphore, the only limit
is process's address space which limits how many semaphores can be
used.

*shrug*; I don't know how it could be wrong - this PostgreSQL was
built from ports after I upgraded & booted 9-current.

If it didn't use POSIX semaphores from HEAD, shared semaphores
wouldn't have worked, right?

It may work, but even it is shared in memory, it still enters
kernel to do P/V operation.