Quoting Scot Hetzel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

On 10/25/06, Robin Gruyters <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Quoting David Naylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,

I have recently tried a "make index" for the ports dir, it failed with a
complaint about libpreludedb, when I tried to make libpreludedb I got the
same error.  (My make.conf includes WITH_PYTHON=yes)

From the build command:
      make WITH_PYTHON=yes
      "Makefile", line 43: Could not find /Mk/bsd.python.mk
      make: fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue

I have tried "make -V PORTSDIR" on different ports and the output
is: /usr/ports  Which is correct.  The problematic line, for interest sake
is:
      .include "${PORTSDIR}/Mk/bsd.python.mk"

I have have a current copy of ports from cvsup2.za.freebsd.org

Hi David,e

Hmm, that's weird... Looks like you are missing bsd.python.mk.
Can you check if it exists in the /usr/ports/Mk dir?

The problem is that PORTSDIR is not defined before the attempt to
include bsd.python.mk due to make doesn't included bsd.port.mk until
it gets to the end of the Makefile.

Have a look at how the security/ftimes handles the include for
bsd.openssl.mk using bsd.ports.pre.mk and bsd.ports.post.mk.

Hmm, is like the chicken and the egg... Ok, going to update the Makefile..

Regards,

Robin