On Fri, 22 Jun 2007, LI Xin wrote:

John Reynolds wrote:
Hello all, I recently built up a new box running 7.0-CURRENT (to get support
for devices on a new motherboard I bought). Everything's been going great thus
far (kudo's to all involved!) but as I was building the java/jdk15 port tonight
I ran into a problem. I had previously built this on a 6.2-STABLE machine with
no hassles. I've fetched all the distfiles by hand and put them into the right
place. The port build goes on and on and finally ends with the following
cut-n-pasted below. Is this port "supposed" to build on 7.0-CURRENT? What else
can I check to make sure I've got in place to make it succeed?

I have built a native java from java/jdk15 by bootstraping from
diablo-jdk15 with help of misc/compat6x and it was succeeded.  My system
was FreeBSD/amd64 7.0-CURRENT no older than a week, and so far as I am
aware there is no significant changes introduced recently, so my answer
is that, try diablo-jdk (remove BROKEN line which warns you about
compat6x and install compat6x when need).

Once you have the native JDK built, updates are easier.

I believe the actual issue is with the Linux JDK used for boot strap.

I have a native amd64 jdk15 built on 7-CURRENT of a couple of weeks or so ago:

$ java -version
java version "1.5.0_11-p5"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.5.0_11-p5-root_09_jun_2007_19_33)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 1.5.0_11-p5-root_09_jun_2007_19_33,
mixed mode)
$

Cheers,

Phone: +1 512-248-2683                 E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
US Mail: 430 Valona Loop, Round Rock, TX 78681-3893