On Fri, 27 Jul 2007, Kris Moore wrote:

Hey, just wanted to give folks a heads up. I'm hearing that we may be
seeing a native Flash binary for FreeBSD in the future, depending on how
quick we can port over Tamarin:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tamarin/

They are working on a Linux port now, if anybody is interested in
getting a FBSD port done that will help us a TON in getting Adobe to
release Flash9 in a native FreeBSD format. No more Linux-emulation just
to surf the web!

--

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software

That will be nice, and you're more than welcome to start porting ;), but note
the following line:

Tamarin will support the forthcoming ECMAScript Edition 4 ("JS2") language and
will be integrated into SpiderMonkey as part of the Mozilla 2 project, to be released in
2008. Brendan Eich's Roadmap Update for Mozilla 2 provides broad details on Mozilla 2 and
Tamarin's role in this roadmap.

So, I wouldn't get too anxious about this becoming production quality until 2k8
rolls around, unless the Mozilla group does really well putting Actionscript in
place.

-Garrett