RW wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 13:45:43 -0700
Kris Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hey, just wanted to give folks a heads up. I'm hearing that we may be
seeing a native Flash binary for FreeBSD in the future, depending on
how quick we can port over Tamarin:

http://www.mozilla.org/projects/tamarin/

They are working on a Linux port now, if anybody is interested in
getting a FBSD port done that will help us a TON in getting Adobe to
release Flash9 in a native FreeBSD format. No more Linux-emulation
just to surf the web!

How does that actually work? It reads as if ecma runs on its
own virtual machine. So presumably if Flash were developed to run on
this it would be platform independent, and there wouldn't be a need
for *any* native Flash versions.

If ecma is ready in 2008, is there a realistic possibility of Flash
working in the same year.
I got it to compile properly on i386 after some hacking, but the original authors were bad and assumed that the architecture is always 32-bit, so when I tried to compile amd64 it failed miserably. I'm going to try and get the 64-bit copy to compile sometime within the next week or two.
-Garrett