Patrick Lamaiziere wrote:
Le Tue, 16 Oct 2007 22:27:16 +0200,
Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> :

lang/smarteiffel is marked "BROKEN= does not install" on FreeBSD
= 7 but it builds and installs fine, and runs fine too on
7.0-PRERELEASE/i386
Check the error log on http://pointyhat.freebsd.org then try to determine why you are not seeing that error on your system.
In the pointyhat report (I found it this morming, but can't find it now), the SmartEiffel's installation program crashs with "Eiffel program crashs at runtime".
That's all, it can be a compiler problem or a bug into the
installation program. So I don't know.
Just to test, I've setup a tinderbox on my PC (7.0/i386) and
SmartEiffel builds fine.
OK, someone will have to dig deeper then to understand the cause.

I compiled the install program with full assertions and it crashs with
a run-time stack dump. Looking the code it seems related to the
memory management by SmartEiffel (it is not good because there is a
garbage collector). So may be it is broken.

I will check it with FreeBSD 6.2 and another C compiler and try to get
more informations.

Try building it "normally" but with MALLOC_OPTIONS=AJ. This is enabled for port builds (and by default in CURRENT) and sometimes catches application bugs.

Kris