On Dec 2, 2007, at 3:54 PM, Miguel Mendez wrote:

I already replied to your questions in private but I wonder if you took a look at
pkgsrc and the enhancements the OpenBSD people have done the pkg*
commands and whether you think borrowing from them would be useful.

I've been using pkgsrc on my mac desktop, and it is decent; however the upgrade of software is still a PITA. One benefit would be to have a common source/package management across *all* of our desktops and servers... but the number of ports in freebsd's collection is still way higher than that of pkgsrc, so switching today is not feasible for us.