Jeffrey Goldberg wrote:
On Apr 30, 2008, at 10:31 AM, Mike Stammer wrote:

Last night i installed apcupsd and there was a post install message
mentioning to comment out the following in the kernel:

device      uhid        # "Human Interface Devices"

i do not think this is necessary anymore as I, in the process of
determining my first UPS was bad, tried a kernel both with and without
the line above commented out.

Are you connecting to the UPS by USB or by old-fashioned serial (RS-232)? I suspect that that message would only apply for RS-232 connections.

But that is just a guess on my part.

I used a USB cable as supplied by APC.

I do have several machines at remote sites that use RS-232 cables and the line above is not commented out of the kernel. They work as expected.

Eric