V.Chukharev wrote:
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 18:28:26 +0300, V.Chukharev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 20:19:42 +0300, Kris Kennaway <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You don't want to .include the file, just use the same make -f trick
that I used for e.g. the python and java variable caching.
Ah, thanks, I think I got it now. Please, review.

[patch deleted]

I also tried to make only one sweep over /var/db/pkg, but with uncommented
'OPENSSL_INSTALLED+=' line (and corresponding '.if !defined' in bsd.openssl.mk)
INDEX-7 was different. I could not trace down the reason.

I have found why there is a difference in INDEX-7 generated with and without
caching.
Without cache security/p5-openxpki* (6 connected ports) are indexed as
depending on
both openssl-0.9.8h_1 and openssl-beta-0.9.8h_1 (beta is not actually
installed),
while with cache the second dependence is lost. This is due to WITH_OPENSSL_BETA
defined in security/p5-openxpki/Makefile (master for other slave ports).

So, Dirk, you are right, cashing breaks current behavior.

No, it means that you need to add extra checks to how the cached value is used.

Kris

But now I wonder if the current behavior is correct and if security/p5-openxpki
is
correct. IMHO at least one of the two dependences is in err.

Best regards,
Vladimir

Kris