Jarrod Sayers wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009, Guido Falsi wrote:
I had a similar problem, with nagios segfaulting and dumping core after perl upgrade.

It ended up being a problem with 64 bit ints in perl. I changed the setting inadvertedly. Anyway I had to rebuild both perl and the ports segfaulting.

Interesting, what architecture was that machine, i386 or amd64? Also, do you recall whether you inadvertently enabled or disabled the PERL_64BITINT option?

i386. I disabled it, it used to be enabled, which is the default.

Now it is enabled and I also rebuild nagios, I'm not sure if simply reenabling it solved the problem.

--
Guido Falsi <m...@madpilot.net>