I think that it was a worthwhile line of exploration. I gave it a try, and but with no success.

I sent Jarrod the output from ktrace/kdump

I'll rebuild nagios this weekend with debugging symbols again and run it through gdb to get the exact error message that I saw earlier.

--karl

Guido Falsi wrote:
Philip M. Gollucci wrote:
PERL_64BITINT option?

i386. I disabled it, it used to be enabled, which is the default.

Now it is enabled and I also rebuild nagios, I'm not sure if simply reenabling it solved the problem.
Yeah, you definitely can _not_ mix apps / CPANS particularly anthing in XS or C with perls that used different options here.

As I said I inadvertedly disabled that option. As soon as I noticed I understood that was the problem.

I reported it here because I thought it could be of some help to the original poster. Sometimes one just does not notice this kind of little changes.