David Naylor wrote:
On Tuesday 03 February 2009 15:05:19 Max Brazhnikov wrote:
On Tue, 3 Feb 2009 08:31:10 +0200, David Naylor wrote:
On Monday 02 February 2009 12:01:10 David Naylor wrote:

Just finished compiling on FreeBSD 7.1 and have found the following
problems: 1. The fonts are not being anti-aliased?  (Using default fonts
and "Use anti-aliasing: Enabled {with sub-pixel rendering [RGB]}).
man fonts-conf? Never had problems with fonts, can't help here :(

I suspect this has something to do with nvidia driver. If one changes the fonts to bitstream then anti-aliasing does work (but not with the default fonts).

Have any of you guys been able to get KDE 4.2 to work with the latest Xorg 7.4 in ports, and the nvidia driver? I'm playing with it here, and it always seems to crash X right after KDE finishes logging into my desktop. When I switch to "vesa" it works just fine.

Using nvidia 180.25, Xorg 7.4, KDE 4.2, etc.

--

Kris Moore
PC-BSD Software