On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, Peter Jeremy wrote:

On 2010-Jan-27 16:11:40 +1100, John Marshall <john.marsh...@riverwillow.com.au>
wrote:
On Mon, 25 Jan 2010, 10:54 -0800, Doug Barton wrote:

*snip*

(and not changing back to what they were) kind of spoils things for me :-)

This is possible ("CSI 2 1 t" should report the current title) but actually reading the returned "OSC L label ST" could be painful from sh(1) (and I can't quickly get it to work).

With zsh, I use a precmd() function that updates the title every time the prompt is about to appear, e.g., portmaster exits:

precmd()
{
        case ${TERM} in
                xterm*)
                        print -Pn "\e]0;%...@%m\a"
                        ;;
        esac
}

It comes in useful when using ssh to connect to different accounts. When I exit one account which had reset the title, the title changes back to the previous account.

bash users may find something equivalent.

Sean
--
s...@freebsd.org