On 01/27/10 14:51, Sean C. Farley wrote:
With zsh, I use a precmd() function that updates the title every time
the prompt is about to appear, e.g., portmaster exits:

precmd()
{
case ${TERM} in
xterm*)
print -Pn "\e]0;%...@%m\a"
;;
esac
}

It comes in useful when using ssh to connect to different accounts. When
I exit one account which had reset the title, the title changes back to
the previous account.

bash users may find something equivalent.

All you have to do in bash is set PS1. http://dougbarton.us/Bash/Bash-prompts.html

FYI, I just checked some code into the svn version of portmaster to handle the problem of not printing the terminal escapes on cons25, and a new --no-term-title option. I'm working on some other bug fixes as well, and with any kind of luck they should all be in the ports version later tonight.

Doug

                        -- Propellerheads