On 2010-May-26 09:19:04 -0300, Jesse Smith <jessefrgsm...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>I was told that requests for new ports should be submitted here.

Unfortunately, you were misled.  FreeBSD ports are a volunteer effort
and the general approach is that if you want a port and no-one has
already created it, you probably need to do it yourself.  You can find
information on creating a port at
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/index.html

> There's
>one tool which I would like to see brought into the Ports system and
>that's Network Manager
>(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Tools/NetworkManager)
>
>It's the only networking tool I've found so far which will properly
>handle my Novatel mobile modem and I would really like to be able to
>make use of the modem while running FreeBSD.

That makes you the first person I've run into with anything positive
to say about NetworkMangler.

As an alternative to porting NotworkMangler, you might try posting
a description of your modem, version of FreeBSD and problems you are
having to freebsd-questions or maybe freebsd-stable.

BTW, there's no benefit in reposting the same question to the same list.

--
Peter Jeremy