On Wed, 26 May 2010 11:49, Dmitry Marakasov wrote:
In Message-Id: <20100526154941.gc25...@hades.panopticon>

* jhell (jh...@dataix.net) wrote:

Recently I have tagged the following popular but Cabalized applications
in the Ports Collection with the "hs-" prefix:

- darcs [1]: devel/darcs -> devel/hs-darcs
- pandoc [2]: textproc/pandoc -> textproc/hs-pandoc
- xmonad [3]: x11-wm/xmonad -> x11-wm/hs-xmonad, x11-wm/xmonad-contrib
-> x11-wm/hs-xmonad-contrib
- xmobar [4]: x11/xmobar -> x11/hs-xmobar

+1

Why do you think it's good to not have a port named the same as an
application?

Normally I would object to something like this but in this case being that it is about Haskell applications, the change helps users locate all of the Haskell related ports quicker. Its almost as if the hs-* ports were in their own category like the ports-mgmt tools are. For another part upgrading these will also be a slight bit smoother and locating what Haskell packages you have on your system will be easier just specifying hs-* to a upgrade tool or to pkg_de[lete|install].

Regards,

--

 jhell