Quoth Olivier Smedts on Friday, 04 February 2011:
> 2011/2/3 Robert Huff <roberth...@rcn.com>:
> > Chip Camden writes:
> >
> >>  Am I the only person who doesn't get libreoffice via portsnap yet?
> >
> >        I built libreoffice-3.3.0 from the port on amd64 yesterday.
> > Subjectively, building seemed tyo go quicker than OO.
> >        After minimal testing, it appears to behave correctly.
>
> Just installed from ports. I had to mark it MAKE_JOBS_UNSAFE on my
> 8-core CPU because it failed randomly at different stages. I also
> removed the configure line with number of CPUs from the Makefile. Now
> it's OK, but with only one CPU to compile it, I did not find building
> "quicker than OO" :)
>
> --
> Olivier Smedts                                                 _
>                                         ASCII ribbon campaign ( )
> e-mail: oliv...@gid0.org        - against HTML email & vCards  X
> www: http://www.gid0.org    - against proprietary attachments / \
>
>   "Il y a seulement 10 sortes de gens dans le monde :
>   ceux qui comprennent le binaire,
>   et ceux qui ne le comprennent pas."

It finally came through on portsnap late yesterday.  The install phase
still filled up my /tmp drive, so I had to umount /tmp, create a symbolic
link to /usr/tmp, and then it installed OK.  My usual /tmp partition has
500MB -- why does the libreoffice install require so much tmp space?  OOo
always installed OK.

Libreoffice seems to run fine, but I haven't put it through its paces
yet.  As long as it basically works, I'm replacing OOo with it, if for no
other reason than to elude the Eye of the Oracle.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden | sterl...@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://chipsquips.com  | http://camdensoftware.com   | http://chipstips.com