Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote on 13.09.2011 16:03:

In particular, checking which ports depend on a port just updated is a
particularly nasty thing to do. I get the impression that each committer
has his own special way of doing this. For example, I have personally
found that a simple grep won't work, because "grep xxx
/usr/ports/*/Makefile*" just creates a line too long for the shell to
handle. I use a shell construction involving "find" but I wonder how
others do the same thing.

http://beta.freshports.org/*category*/*portname*

Required by:
for Build
for Run

is quite useful as for me. But it can't catch all of them.

--
Regards,
Ruslan

Tinderboxing kills... the drives.