Many users have reported in the past that one of the problems with the
ports system is that "OPTIONS" are not properly documented. Usually, if
I spend some time, I can locate it but it is a PIA. However, with the
"security/gnupg" port, I cannot find out specifically what this option
does:

[ ] STD_SOCKET  Use standard socket for agent

This is off by default. Is there any advantage to activating it and
why isn't it using a standard socket to begin with?

Maybe if a port had a file name "options-descr" or some such thing and
it listed each available option in the port and specifically what it
did or how it effected the operation of the application, it would prove
beneficial to the end use. Just my 2¢ on the matter.

--
Jerry ♔