On 5/27/2013 18:36, RW wrote:

Like 4 patches
per minute slow.  You have no sympathy for somebody that has to
download all 900+ patches from the beginning?

A little if it's the first time they've ever built vim on FreeBSD,
and they have have genuine good reason for not being able to wait an
extra minute.

900 patches /4 patches/min = 225 minutes = 3.75 hours
hardly an "extra minute"

The "slow" complaint is not trivial, it's very, very real.   Saying
you haven't seen it doesn't make it less real, you probably just
didn't sit there and watch it from patch#1.

No, it's because I've been using FreeBSD since before August 2010
when that patch was created.

I've been using FreeBSD since version 4.10, but that doesn't imply that I've every downloaded vim patches before.

I just tried deleting all the patches and refetching and it took 74
seconds, it's scarcely a major problem.

Great. With the previous mirror I had it would have taken well over an hour back when the patch count was 700. That is a major problem for others, despite the fact that it's not a problem for you.

It's obviously true since multiple users are seeing it. (the whole 1080 movie analogy, remember?)

John