Hi List,

A few weeks ago, I submitted a patch to build security/krb5 with LDAP support (adding a dependency on security/openldap24-sasl-client). All was well.

Now, I've realized that security/cyrus-sasl2 (which the OpenLDAP client depends on) is going to need a knob to control which Kerberos implementation to use. My first thought was to simply LIB_DEPENDS+=security/krb5, but that leaves me with a circle (need to install krb5 before building cyrus-sasl2, but can't install krb5's dependency openldap24-sasl-client without cyrus-sasl2).

I've tried searching, but can't find any advice on resolving issues like this. I'm sure this sort of thing has been encountered before. What's the best way to deal with it?

Thanks

PS - I'm aware that cyrus-sasl2 will already link against an alternate Kerberos implementation if it's installed and KRB5_HOME is set appropriately, but I'm building in Poudriere, so that's a nonstarter.