On 2013-12-22 09:51, Scot Hetzel wrote:
The best way to solve this would be to create 3 ports that would
create the appropriate gssapi mech:

security/cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-base <- Kerberos Support from
/usr/lib/libkrb5.a
security/cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-krb5 (slave port)
security/cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-hemidal (slave port)

What would the exact dependencies be in this case? I feel like I've missed something important, because both openldap24-sasl-client and cyrus-sasl2 still actually depend on the MIT Kerberos libraries, would we not end up with a circle of four packages instead of three?

Before:
openldap24-sasl-client -> cyrus-sasl2 -> krb5 -> openldap24-sasl-client

After:
openldap24-sasl-client -> cyrus-sasl2 -> cyrus-sasl2-mech-gssapi-krb5 -> krb5 -> openldap24-sasl-client