On Feb 17 15:05, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
Hi!

> The long term solution will be switching to mysqli or pdo_mysql which is
> provided by php70 (and php55/56), I am working right now on cleaning up
> the pecl ports, after that I'll go and check which port can switch already.

The problem with that approach is that his tree is broken now.
His choice is don't build at all or don't use php 7.0.

I think it's something that needs attention now unless the intent is to
say, "don't use php7 yet, it is not ready for prime time" (which is
possible)

The PHP eco-system is so huge that one can say that even php56 is
not yet ready for prime time 8-)

So: Everyone knows that php70 has open issues, miwi and others are
tracking them down, and if users/testers submit problem reports via
bugzilla, it helps enormously.

It will settle the next few weeks.

I'll search bugzilla to see if there are any bug reports for this and if not I'll raise one then.

I know php70 is very new so I was expecting problems. Synth is pretty new as well though so I thought I would let people know in case they were not aware of this type of breakage.

Thanks,

--
Matt