On 03/10/2016 12:14, Mathieu Arnold wrote:
Le 01/10/2016 à 04:35, Julian Elischer a écrit :
There is a need for a "minimum" install of a lot of packages.
Some dependencies are often optional, and can be unchecked by running
make config.

Such a 'minimum' install should probably be the default when coming in
as a dependency, as
there is an increasing tendency to configure things with all the bells
and whistles.
The bare minimum will never be the default.  The default is what will
fit most people, so that they can use our packages out of the box.

Shouldn't all packages default to noX dependencies? If I am not mistaken FreeBSD is predominantly a server-side system, with X running only occasionally (I am running X but I compile all packages with poudriere).

---
Grzegorz