On 01 Apr 2021, at 01:54, Milan Obuch <freebsd-po...@dino.sk> wrote:
> This is unpleasant move for me. This means git or equivalent (and
> dependencies) must be installed on any box where tracking ports tree is
> planned/needed... and no tool like svnlite could be expected in base
> system for some time.

You only need to install git if you are going to keep git commit hostly and
branches of the ports, which  you would already be doing if that was something
you needed, I'd think. Simply updating the ports tree does not require
installing git.

> So I need some work on my local infrastructure to adjust to this move.

I don't think so, I am pulling the ports tree from the git repo without git
installed.

 # portmaster -l | grep git
===>>> gitup-0.90_1
 #

--
I do believe Marsellus Wallace, my husband, your boss, told you to
        take *me* out and do *whatever I wanted*. Now I wanna dance, I