David, Daniel,

just to take this to python@ and to clarify, what problems are still open for you:

- bapt confirmed that the parallel installation of python itself from binary packages should work
  without any problem
- Installation from the ports tree should work without problems
- Installation of python modules from the ports tree basically works without problems (given that you set the correct make knobs), BUT can create tons of issues, when it comes to deinstallation,
  port dependency detection, etc.

As per my understanding, you both mentioned issues with both, python itself and 3rd party packages. As said above, python itself should not be any problem. If you ran into any issue, please let python@ know about it (ideally with a reproducible step-by-step description) or create a PR.

Regarding the 3rd party modules, I am not sure about the pkg status. Maybe bapt can say a word or two about whether packages are (planned to or currently) built for different python versions or not. David, Daniel: if you are currently running into trouble with the 3rd party modules, please let us know, what your requirements are, so we can discuss different solutions top be applied to the
ports tree and, where applicable, improved support for the pkg builds.

Thanks and cheers
Marcus