How do I get rid of a conflict between a built-in USB hub that connects my printer, an
HP Deskjet 940c, and an internal USR Performance Pro modem? Accoring to my limited
understanding of what goes on in dmesg, both want IRQ 9; the modem is assigned it
first and gets it, and uhci1, the second USB hub in the computer, gets dumped. Yes, I
have "PNP OS" turned off in the BIOS. :-) The two of these worked togeather with Lin
and Win, neither of which I plan to go back to :-), so I think it's *possible* to keep
both from conflicting...