Patrick Holahan wrote:

> Hi there..
>
> Hopefully someone here is able to help me..
>
> I need to run a root command (ipfw) from apache through php. (Yes, this is
> not very secure and I'm aware of this and if anyone has any better
> suggestions, please feel free to make them.)
>
> Would anyone know how to do this?

is that the function you search:
  string exec ( string command [, array output [, int return_var]])

> Thanks in advance
> -ph

L     i  W     W     W  i                 Jens Rehsack
L        W     W     W
L     i   W   W W   W   i  nnn    gggg    LiWing IT-Services
L     i    W W   W W    i  n  n  g   g
LLLL  i     W     W     i  n  n  g   g    Friesenstraße 2
                                  gggg    06112 Halle
                                 g   g
Tel.:  +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 91    ggg     e-Mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Fax:   +49 - 3 45 - 5 17 05 92            http://www.liwing.de/