At 02:26 PM 10/27/2002 -0500, you wrote:
On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, Daniel Harris wrote:

> Note that http://projects.imp.ch/openoffice/ has binary packages
> which won't require those 4GB :-)
>
> --
> Daniel Harris

Wow! Thanks for the pointer - it runs like a top.
The installation was incredibly simple - none of that portupgrade stuff of waiting eons to install a program.

Just One question for now: I am using Cups and it works fine on all counts. But the page that OO printed out was pretty awful. I have an Epson Stylus Color 900 that works very well with Cups and from Win2k through samba. But I don't know how the OO printing system is organized. It uses the default printer bit it seems to be using OO drivers and those are way out of date. The question: what do I do to configure printing from OO for the high quality that I usually get from other programs?

Thanks for any help.

PJ