"Liquid" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> If you check out /var/db/pkg it lists what ports are installed
> essentially.  I don't know how to tell whether or not it?s a dependency
> though, so maybe someone else can answer that.  I'd like to know that
> too come to think of it.

Please keep non-ASCII characters out of list mail; we're not all
MSFT-compliant, yet.  (The "?" above was a byte valued 222, octal.)
>From more info: http://www.cs.tut.fi/%7Ejkorpela/www/windows-chars.html

Back to the question:  The following is from my ports notes.  It doesn't
solve the problem, but should provide some clues.  Try just "pkg_tree -v".

-- To make list of ports listed from most-dependent to not dependent
    (best make order).

pkg_tree -v | sed -e 's/\\__/   /' | tr '|' ' ' | sort -u | tr -d ' ' >|/tmp/pkgup