Hi,

just a question to the possibilies using 5.0-RELEASE. In the "early adopters guide" (chapter 1) it's written, that 5.0-RELEASE should be as stable as possible to "getting a large number of users to test". But if it's not recommented to use it in production environments, what test results do you expect?

Wouldn't it better to say: 5.0-CURRENT is not recommented for production environments (as it's said 'bout using -STABLE blindly), 5.0-RELEASE may be used in non-critical environment, but heavily use of backup tool is recommented?

I know many companies located in Halle (where we resides) which are using linux, not because it's more stable but because SuSE tells: it's 8.0 and we tested and it's great. The simply believe the recommendation of SuSE (or whoever) and if sth. fails, they think: Hmm - nothing paid, who really cares?

And if I take a look to may AIX box, FBSD 5.0-CURRENT is more stable than my AIX 4.3.3, because of the ports tree (in AIX I must do all by myself).

Bye,
Jens
--
L i W W W i Jens Rehsack